Dr. Yao’s Education and Additional training:
- Lowell High School in San Francisco
- UC Berkeley. Majored in Molecular Cell Biology. Graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors
- UC Davis School of Medicine
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center for internal medicine intern year
- UC Davis Medical Center for Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation residency
- American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine: learned acupuncture and fundamental theories of TCM as full time student for 1 year
- Professional Clinical Training in Eclectic Triphasic Medical System with Donnie Yance (master herbalist on optimizing vitality)
- Myofascial pain management, including specialized trigger point injection training with Dr. Hal Blatman
- Scalp acupuncture, with world-renown physician Dr. Ming Qing Zhu
- Attended American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Modules I-V.
- Module I: Advanced Endocrinology
- Module II: Treatment of Hypertension, Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, Metabolic Syndrome
- Module III: Gastroenterology, Neurotransmitters and Neurology
- Module IV: Nutrition and Metabolism
- Module V: Clinical Intensives
Dr. Yao continues to advance her clinical knowledge, learning latest evidence-based medicine by attending conferences and webinars.
Dr. Yao is a member of the American Holistic Medical Association.
Dr. Yao is also a frequent speaker on the topic of myofascial pain and self-management of pain. If you are interested in having Dr. Yao speak with your group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.