Holistic Medicine is actually an approach to life. Rather than focusing on illness or specific parts of the body, this ancient approach to health considers the whole person and how he or she interacts with his or her environment. It emphasizes the connection of mind, body, and spirit. With Holistic Medicine people also accept responsibility for their own level of well-being, and everyday choices are used to take charge of one’s own health.
Please click here to follow Dr. Yao’s blog
Principles of holistic medicine include the following:
- The patient is a person, not a disease
- Healing takes a team approach involving the patient and doctor, and addresses all aspects of a person’s life using a variety of health care practices
- At RehabOne, Dr. Yao works closely with our acupuncturist, psychologist, and exercise specialists
- Treatment involves fixing the cause of the condition, not just alleviating the symptoms
Dr. Yao’s specialty includes:
- Wholistic Fertility
- Holistic Pain Management: Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Headaches, Low Back Pain, Neck pain, Tendinopathy
- Pain-associated Issues: Weight loss, Anxiety, Fatigue, Insomnia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Wellness / Anti-Aging Consultation
At your initial visit, Dr. Yao will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your health. With this, Dr. Yao will determine what further work-up is needed and together with you develop a tailored treatment plan aimed at addressing the root cause(s) of your health problems. Many of our patients have found it helpful to complete their health questionnaire prior to their first visit, which can make the time you spend in the office more efficient for you. Click here to view the Holistic Clinic New Patient Questionnaire
You can trust Dr. Yao to provide the highest quality of care. She has received the Mercy Touch Award, given to clinicians who exhibit exceptional compassionate care. She is also board-certified in both Integrative and Holistic Medicine as well as Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Yao is bilingual in Mandarin & English.
Call (408) 445-8400 or email Holistic@RehabOne.com to schedule your visit with Dr. Yao. If emailing, please leave your call back number and the best time to reach you for scheduling. Please note this email is only for scheduling the first appointment and not to receive medical advice.
If you want to see Dr. Yao for wholistic fertility, please complete additional forms at this page.
Most PPO and Medicare are accepted. Cash pay option also available.
Please bring all your medications and non-prescription remedies in their original bottles so Dr. Yao can get an accurate picture of what you are currently taking. Please also bring all relevant prior work-up, if any.